MAME .135u3 is the 3rd “U” version of the MAME .136 cycle. A list of changes in MAME .135u3 over the previous release is as follows:
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
– 03565: [Color/Palette] astrof, astrof2, astrof3: blue background is
supposed to be black (David Haywood)
– 03557: [Sound] All sets in namcos12.c: Music is slower than
original (Phil Bennett)
– 03561: [Crash/Freeze] robokid, robokidj, robokidj2: Segmentation
Fault after OK (Fabio Priuli)
– 03562: [Crash/Freeze] fcombat: Segmentation Fault after OK
– 03560: [Crash/Freeze] missb2, saiyugoub1, saiyugoub2: Driver Data
Struct Issues (Fabio Priuli)
– 03559: [Crash/Freeze] All sets in viper.c, subsino.c and coolridr.c:
Segmentation Fault before OK (Fabio Priuli)
Kusayakyu improvements [Angelo Salese]
– fixed color prom hook-up, tilemap color offsets and tilemap
– fixed sound and tweaked the frequencies in the driver
Tron: Hooked up cocktail (P2) fire button so that it can be used
in-game and in test mode. [Tafoid]
Added driver data struct and save states to: [Fabio Priuli]
– gberet.c, ddrible.c, gaelco.c, trackfld.c, hyperspt.c, yiear.c
– hnayayoi.c, hanaawas.c, higemaru.c, himesiki.c and sonson.c
– galspnbl.c, gcpinbal.c, ginganin.c, go2000.c, goal92.c, goindol.c,
good.c, gotcha.c, gotya.c, gstream.c, gumbo.c, gundealr.c,
hitme.c, holeland.c & homerun.c
– glass.c & homedata.c
– fromance.c, fromanc2.c, ikki.c, imolagp.c, inufuku.c
– jangou.c, jantotsu.c, jollyjgr.c and jongkyo.c
– kangaroo.c, karnov.c, kchamp.c, kickgoal.c, kingobox.c,
kncljoe.c, koikoi.c, kopunch.c, ksayakyu.c and kyugo.c
– ladybug.c, ladyfrog.c, lastduel.c, lwings.c, redclash.c and
– laserbas.c, laserbat.c, lastfght.c, lazercmd.c and lemmings.c
Added driver data struct to: [Fabio Priuli]
– galivan.c, jailbrek.c, sbasketb.c
– alpha68k.c, amspdwy.c, gng.c, gunsmoke.c, hotblock.c
– aerofgt.c and gyruss.c
Changed CDP1869 PAL/NTSC signal to use devcb. [Curt Coder]
Converted cabal, mappy, toypop and zaxxon to use driver_data
structure [Atari Ace]
Fixed CP1610 disassembler. [Robbbert]
Cool Riders improvements: [Angelo Salese, David Haywood]
– fixed regression
– hooked up what it looks like a ROM->to->VRAM transfer…
– slightly improved booting
– some hooks to allow FBI logo drawing
– basic DMA hooked up
– fixed program ROM memory map loading as per the service mode item
– allow it to draw RAM-based chars, starts to show correct gfxs
– fixed paletteram and implemented basic inputs
– implemented DMA vram transfers
– added Guru readme
– hooked up videoram reading in drawing functions
– some hook-ups for the text blitter
Wink: Fixed colors [Angelo Salese]
Mostly resolved mix of intel and motorola notation in tms32025
disassembler [Lord Nightmare]
Cosmic: fixed cosmica2 romset rom split and names to match romset as
described in mameinfo, which it matches (except for one rom which
mameinfo is probably wrong about). The romset uses a different rom
daughterboard to the other cosmica romsets, and different sized roms.
Added shared driver data struct to 40love.c, bking.c, buggychl.c and
msisaac.c (they use the same mcu emulation) [Fabio Priuli]
Added preliminary HNG64 additive tilemap blending [David Haywood]
Fixed srcclean handling of embedded comments within strings
PCB documentation updates: [Kevin Eshbach]
* Added the board xtal’s for Battlantis, Contra and Pandora’s Palace
* Corrected the MCU dump for Pandora’s Palace
* Added indication of an undumped PAL for Contra/Gryzor
* Added PAL dumps for Cruis’n USA – rev L4.1
* Added information on the PROM from the 2 Board version of Congo
Noraut Poker driver improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Added new technical notes.
* Added Kimble Z80 hardware support.
* Added Prologic-Noraut hardware support.
* Added proper discrete sound support to Kimble games,
and Prologic-Noraut Joker Poker.
* Slightly adjusted the visual area.
This can be wrong and must be rechecked.
* Relocated the hardware notes and layouts to ROM_LOAD section,
so can be seen/maintained in a cleaner way.
* Fixed the default lamps state.
Cleaned-up several drivers; added missing prototypes and removed dead
ones, marked non-exported functions as static and removed cases of
#include “deprecat.h” [Atari Ace]
Aleck 64: Implemented player 2 inputs [Angelo Salese]
Added a PCB layout for M.Kramer’s Black Jack Poker, based on a hi-res
pic. Also added undumped devices as NO_DUMP. [Roberto Fresca]
Added common driver data struct to timeplt.c, tutankhm.c, junofrst.c,
pooyan.c, rallyx.c and rocnrope.c (these drivers all use
audio/timeplt.c). As a side effect, we now have save states in
junofrst.c and rallyx.c. [Fabio Priuli]
Converted atari drivers over to using driver_data for the most
part. Some shared systems still exist with globals, but this
tackles the atarigen module and the variables local to each
driver. [Aaron Giles]
Added validity check that AM_BASE_MEMBER and AM_SIZE_MEMBER items
point within the bounds of the driver_data structure. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed DMADAC wrapping behavior. [Tim Schuerewegen]
Added Driver Configuration to astrof.c to emulate common wire hack
which causes black background [David Haywood]
Aleck 64: Worked around hard-locks at start-up. [Angelo Salese]
Identified Semicom’s Dream World hardware as a copy of Psikyo’s
68020 hardware (it was already known that their older platforms were
copied from Snow Bros, and Tumble Pop) [David Haywood]
i386 core improvements: [Barry Rodewald]
* Fixed EIP displacement when executing FPU instructions with no
* Added 32-bit implementations of SLDT and STR
Converted Kaneko Pandora sprite chip to be a MAME device and updated
drivers accordingly. [Fabio Priuli]
Added tilemap_create_device() function which lets you create a tilemap
from within a device, and be passed that device in your callback.
Converted Signetics 2636 video chip to be a MAME device and updated
drivers using it accordingly. [Fabio Priuli]
Memory system changes: [Aaron Giles]
– Memory banks are now referenced by tag rather than index.
Changed all memory_bank_* functions to specify a tag.
Bulk-converted existing banks to be tagged “bank##” in
order to ensure consistency. However, going forward, the
tags don’t matter, so please name them something useful.
– Added AM_BANK_READ/AM_BANK_WRITE macros to let you specify
bank tags. Also changed AM_ROMBANK and AM_RAMBANK macros to
accept tags as well.
– Added new functions memory_install_read_bank_handler and
memory_install_write_bank_handler to install banks by tag
name, similar to input ports.
– Changed internals of memory system to dynamically allocate
all banks. The first time a bank with an unknown tag is
installed, a new bank object is created and tracked
– Removed SMH_* macros entirely. In their place are a series of
expanded macros and new memory installation helpers. Some
mappings below (not all are new):
AM_READ(SMH_RAM) -> AM_READONLY
AM_WRITE(SMH_RAM) -> AM_WRITEONLY
AM_READWRITE(SMH_RAM, SMH_RAM) -> AM_RAM
AM_READ(rhandler) AM_WRITE(SMH_RAM) -> AM_RAM_READ(rhandler)
AM_READ(SMH_RAM) AM_WRITE(whandler) -> AM_RAM_WRITE(whandler)
AM_DEVREAD(tag, rhandler) AM_WRITE(SMH_RAM)
-> AM_RAM_DEVREAD(tag, rhandler)
AM_READ(SMH_RAM) AM_DEVWRITE(tag, whandler)
-> AM_RAM_DEVWRITE(tag, whandler)
AM_READ(SMH_ROM) -> AM_ROM
AM_WRITE(SMH_ROM) -> (was a no-op)
AM_READ(SMH_NOP) -> AM_READNOP
AM_WRITE(SMH_NOP) -> AM_WRITENOP
AM_READWRITE(SMH_NOP, SMH_NOP) -> AM_NOP
For dynamic memory handler installation of the various types,
use the new functions:
memory_unmap_readwrite() — unmaps a section of address space
memory_nop_readwrite() — nops a section of address space
– Cleaned up the internals of the address_map_entry structure, and
also normalized the way the address map macros work to remove a
lot of redundancy.
– Renamed functions: memory_install_read/write_port_handler to
– Memory shares are now specified by tag instead of index.
The AM_SHARE() macro now takes a tag parameter. All existing
shares have been bulk renamed to “share##”. However, the name
does not matter, so please use descriptive tags going forward.
– Added tag validation for bank and share tags.
– Added flag to tagmap_add functions that optionally will
replace existing objects if a duplicate is found.
– Internal code shuffling. Address maps initialized internally
now call the same installation handlers that drivers do for
dynamic installation. Cleaned up some parameter ordering and
– Added new functions:
memory_install_ram() to assign a un-named bank to a region and
specify a pointer to where the RAM lives. If this is called in
the DRIVER_INIT function or MACHINE/SOUND/VIDEO_START
functions, then it is permissible to specify NULL, in which
case the memory system will allocate memory and register it
for save states.
memory_install_rom() is like the above except that it only
installs a read handler.
memory_install_writeonly() is like the above except that it
only installs a write handler.
– Updated several instances in the code that were assigning banks
to these sorts of static RAM regions and simplified the code.
– Apply mirrors and global masks at address map detokenizing time
rather than later.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Top Shooter [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
LA Girl [Tomasz Slanina, Guru]
Noraut Joker Poker (Prologic HW) [Roberto Fresca, Alan Griffin]
New clones added
Domino Block ver.2 [Guru]
Tower of Druaga (Manufactured by Sidam) [Corrado Tomaselli]
Invasion (4 bootleg sets) [f205v, ANY]
Head On (Sidam bootleg, set 2) [f205v, ANY]
Head On 2 (Sidam bootleg) [f205v, ANY]
Arkanoid (bootleg on Block hardware, set 2) [f205v, ANY]
Gals Panic (Korea, EXPRO-02 PCB) [Guru]
Strikers 1945 (Hong Kong, Bootleg)
[David Haywood, Brian Troha, Dumping Union]
Fighting Fantasy (bootleg with 68705) [f205v] (not working)
Phantom (Spectar bootleg) [Team Europe & rades]
Panzar (Spectar bootleg) [f205v]
Fatsy Gambler (Video Hustler bootleg) [f205v]
Fitter (bootleg) [f205v]
Vs. Super Mario Bros. (bootleg with Z80) (2 sets) [f205v, Dante Profeta] (not working)
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
White Tiger – 3VXFC5342 (New Zealand) [Heihachi_73]
Magic Mask (A – 09/05/2000, Export) [Heihachi_73]
Geisha (A – 05/03/01, New Zealand) [Heihachi_73]
Kimble Double HI-LO (z80 version) [Roberto Fresca, Alan Griffin]
Fast Draw (poker conversion kit)? [Roberto Fresca]
Draw Poker HI-LO (unknown, rev 1) [Roberto Fresca, Dumping Union]
Draw Poker HI-LO (unknown, rev 2) [Roberto Fresca, Dumping Union]
Video Stars [Andrew Welburn]