Haze has continued working on Deroon Dero Dero since Nuapete’s protection work, improving the sprites (still missing zoom, and some priority / layer stuff) and adding preliminary support for the other layers. It appears that (at least) one of the Deroon sprite roms currently recognised by MAME is a bad dump however, which is causing some missing graphics. The game itself is a nice original variation on the classic ‘Puyo Puyo’ theme.
Archive for May, 2008
Barry Harris posted news regarding his workings on FB Alpha in regard to Capcom CPS1 game hardware. He finally got around to the screen clearing issue in the CPS-1 driver. After fixing the palette length and adding screen clearing code to the driver the issue is now resolved. he have also fixed the glitch in the Ninja’s sprite animation in the Japanese Quiz and Dragons. This means that after his recent updates to support the graphics mappers there shouldn’t be any more known bugs left in the CPS-1 emulation now.
Read the rest of this entry »
Sam is a new SONY PSP Emulator for Windows. Before you get too excited, this PSP emulator does NOT run commercial games, for now it runs only pspsdk demos. The author is having problems with IO ports, he doesn’t know their addresses or how they work. If anyone could help the author out, please do so. Download at our PSP emulator page.
Wine 1.0-rc3 is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X, OpenGL, and Unix. Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris. Wine 1.0-rc3 has the following changes:
Read the rest of this entry »
MAME Plus 0.125u3 is an unofficial build of MAME 0.125u1. MAME Plus contains all the changes and updates found in the regular release of MAME, but with added features such as high score save support. Additionally, the author of MAME Plus has added support for the MESS core as well. Download at MAME Plus 0.125u3 at our MAME page.
MAMEUI 0.125u3 (previously named MAME32) is a build of MAME with an integrated frontend. MAMEUI seems to be the popular choice for users of the MAME emulator, as its easier to deal with than a command link based version of MAME. This version of MAMEUI is available in both 32bit and 64bit versions. Download MAMEUI 0.125u3 at our MAME page.
WinUAE 1.5.0 beta 21 is easily the best Amiga emulator available for Windows. As was mentioned in the previous WinUAE public beta serles, versions from today on do NOT work on Windows 98/ME anymore. BTW, this is not a typo. This WINUAE release is infact beta 21 of this beta cycle. The author mentions, that there may or may not be 2 weeks to go still in this cycle. This update has these changes since the last Win UAE 1.5.0 public beta:
Ootake 1.53 is a PC Engine emulator for Windows. Ootake is the most frequently updated PC Engine emulator available for windows, and Ootake is also one of the more complete. Also, Ootake is FREE unlike Magic Engine. Ootake 1.53 has the following changes:
Wesker has posted news and screenshots on his developments for his Sega Model 2 arcade hardware emulator.
- Added an option to regulate the color curve (gamma).
- Solved an error that caused that tiles was with incorrect colors.
- Some errors related to the calculation of colors in the textures have been corrected.
- Emulated musics in format MPEG (Sega Touring Cars)
- Fixed bug in multiPCM that brought about sounds saturated in Daytona the USA.
- Fixed bug that caused that the automatic marches did not work in Sega Rally well.
- Fixed bug that caused that ” appeared the message; To review itself! ” in Daytona the USA when stopping the car.
- Fixed bug that caused that they appeared invisible walls in Daytona the USA (not completely)
- Fixed bug that caused that the cars controlled by the CPU did not move in Sega Rally.
- Fixed many problems of calculation.
- Emulated the connection in local network of all the games. It is possible to play abriendo several emulators in a same PC or forming a local network.
- A tremendous error in Daytona the USA has been fixed that caused that during the game in network the speed was of 50%.
- An error has been fixed that caused that when stopping the motorcycle in Motoraid the chamber showed the world of the reverse.
- At the moment the network configuration becomes through a new file .ini…
- Some problems with the colors of the textures have been fixed (green eyes in Dead or Alive)
- The audio one is had synchronous we give of them in Sega Rally and Fighting Vipers
- Added to option ” MipMap=1″ in order to qualify anisotropic filtrate + mip mapping to the games.
- Emulated the effect ” fade” of the screen of selection of circuit of Daytona the USA.
- Some details of the SCSP have polished.
- It is had including the game Wave Runner.
- Solved the graphic errors related to the VGA nVidia of series 8, *quizá* also with VGA ATI and Geometrizer 1.
ePSXe is a Sony Playstation emulator for your PC running under Windows, programmed by calb, Galtor and _Demo_ ! ePSXe takes advantage of the popular PSX plugins system, which has been introduced to the scene by PSEmu Pro, a great project which got stopped after a beta got leaked to the public. ePSXe and it’s components are all completly programmed in C++. ePSXe requires the ePSXe bios to run the games it supports. For obvious reasons, you wouldnt find the ePSXe bios anywhere on this site. :P ePSXe plugins can be found on various sites around the ‘net. ePSXe plugins add various features and improvements to ePSXe such as better graphics, sound, cdrom support, gamepad support, etc. This version of ePSXe has the following changes:
WinUAE 1.5.0 beta 20 is easily the best Amiga emulator available for Windows. As was mentioned in the previous WinUAE public beta serles, versions from today on do NOT work on Windows 98/ME anymore. This update has these changes since the last Win UAE 1.5.0 public beta:
A port of this Emerson Arcadia 2001 & clones, Interton VC 4000 & clones and Elektor TV games computer emulator for Amiga OS4 now, nice if you have an Amiga capable of running that, since I don’t lets just take a look at what’s been said about this release: Read the rest of this entry »
Ah the good old days of the point & click adventure game, making a mild comeback now with the recent Sam & Max, journey back to the glory days of them with this nice Scumm engine interpretor, let’s see what’s been done for this one: Read the rest of this entry »
FB Alpha is an arcade emulator supporting the following hardware platforms;
– Capcom CPS-1
– Capcom CPS-2
– Neo Geo
– Sega System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board, Y-Board
– Taito Rainbow Islands/Operation Wolf/Rastan
– Psikyo 68EC020 based hardware
– misc stuff we like
What’s New in FB Alpha 0.29.83:
Read the rest of this entry »
Ootake 1.52 is a PC Engine emulator for Windows. Ootake is the most frequently updated PC Engine emulator available for windows, and Ootake is also one of the more complete. Also, Ootake is FREE unlike Magic Engine. Ootake 1.52 has the following changes:
MAMEUI 0.125u2 (previously named MAME32) is a build of MAME with an integrated frontend. MAMEUI seems to be the popular choice for users of the MAME emulator, as its easier to deal with than a command link based version of MAME. This version of MAMEUI is available in both 32bit and 64bit versions. Download MAMEUI 0.125u2 at our MAME page.